SAGUACHE COUNTY TREASURER
TAX SALE INFORMATION
Saguache County Tax Lien Sale accepts registration for bidders at www.zeusauction.com
. The sale for Real Properties will be held online. Sales for Minerals and Mobile Homes will be conducted on the office of the Treasurer at 10 am on November 4, 2020.
- Employees and officials of Saguache County, members of their immediate family or their agents, are not allowed to bid at Saguache County Tax Sales.
- Raising assigned bid card shall do bidding. This is only for Minerals and Mobile Homes. Real properties will be online only.
- Each item number and minimum bid (minimum bid includes taxes, interest, advertising cost and Certificate cost) shall be announced and subject to general bidding.
- Minimum excess bid is $1.00. Bids made over the announced minimum bid are considered premium bids and are not refunded at the time of redemption.
When redeemed, a certificate will pay at the rate of 9% per annum. Upon redemption all monies will be refunded except premium bids and the $4.00 assignment fee.
If the owner does not pay future taxes by July 31st, you will be notified of the amount due. Payment will be endorsed on the tax lien certificate. Payment will accrue interest at the same rate as the certificate.
- Treasurer’s deed may be applied for three years after the original date of sale.
- Prior to deed, lien holders have no right to occupy property.
- Deed deposit is $450.00 on REAL on all properties. Any unused balance will be refunded. Included in the fee is the Treasurer’s fee as well as the Owners & Encumbrances Report to follow chain of title and notice of parties.
- Upon receiving a Treasurer’s Deed it is strongly recommended that the deed holder obtain a clear title by obtaining a Quiet Title (going to court to secure a clear title) and have the property surveyed.
**A Treasurer’s Deed is not a warranty deed and may be contested. The original property owner has up to nine years from the date of Treasurer’s Deed to redeem the property through the courts if the title has not been quieted.
The original Certificate of Purchase will be stored in the Treasurer’s office. A copy of the Certificate will be mailed to the lien holder after the sale.
*There may be properties advertised that may have illegal subdivisions. If this is so, Saguache County will not issue any type of permit and the State will not issue a well permit.
*Please note that partial payments have been made on several items so the beginning bid amount has changed.
NOTICE OF TAX LIEN SALE FOR
DELINQUENT TAXES FOR THE
STATE OF COLORADO
TREASURER’S OFFICE, SAGUACHE COUNTY
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that I will offer at Public Sale through an internet sale. The sale of the Saguache County Delinquent Real Estate Taxes, and special district fees, will be held via internet beginning at 8:00 a.m. November 2, 2020 and commence closing on November 4, 2020 in batches of approximately 150 parcels every hour starting at 12:00 p.m. and continue until approximately 2:00 p.m. Please note that this year’s sale is a three day sale. All delinquent Mobile Homes and Minerals will be sold at 10 a.m. in the office of the Saguache County Treasurer to the highest bidder on Wednesday, November 4, 2020. A computer workstation will be available in the Treasurer’s Office. Internet site: www.zeusauction.com.
The interest rate established pursuant to C.R.S. 39-12-103 beginning October 1, 2020 is 9%.
The following consists of name, description of property, total of tax, interest, penalties and advertising fee. Bidding shall be as provided in SECTION 39-11-108 of the Colorado Revised Statues (2019). An internet auction fee of $8 per parcel will be added online at the time sale begins. BUYER BEWARE. All sales are final.
The Saguache County Treasurer's Office is handled through EagleWeb
Please click here to go to this site.
***Please click on Tax Lien information link below to access the list of Saguache County held properties***
We are now accepting credit card and e-check payments via iPayments. Please click on the “PROPERTY TAX PAYMENTS” link below and follow the prompts accordingly. There is an additional fee depending on the type of payment you choose. Further fee information will be provided once you click on the payment link below. Please make sure you enter an email address, so you will receive a receipt for the posted payment. Please note: payments may take 3-5 business days to post to the Treasurer’s system once paid on the iPayments system.
PROPERTY TAX PAYMENTS
You can now look at a map of any parcel in Saguache County. Please click here for the available link.