Treasurer FAQs

Frequently asked questions for the Saguache County Treasurer's Office

When are payments due?

First half is February 28th and second half June 15th, or full payment by April 30th.

Where can I get the amount owed for back taxes?

Back taxes are not available on the website, please call 719-655-2656 for more information.The amount changes monthly due to interest

Do we accept Credit Card and E-check payments, and is there are fee for using credit cards?

We accept Credit Card payments , but not E-checks, and the fee is 2.5%. 

Do we accept personal checks as payments for Delinquent Taxes?

No- Delinquent Taxes must be paid in the form of Cash, Cashier's Checks, Money Orders.

When does advertising begin on Delinquent Taxes? When is you Tax Lien Sale held?

Advertising on Real Estate properties begins each year the first part of October and the Tax Lien sale is normally held the 2nd Friday in November each year.