Clerk & Recorder Home
Clip’s from the Clerk
By Trish Gilbert
Saguache County Clerk & Recorder
2018 has been a big year, from mid-term upsets and sky-high voter turnout, to a whole new motor vehicle system, to receiving a sizable grant to digitize our old books.
We’ve kept busy gathering insights from the citizens and updating our technology.
We look forward to bringing more of your suggestions and ideas to the table in 2019.
Thank you for the feedback you’ve provided this year. We look forward to your continued input and incorporating it into our current and future endeavors.
The public’s input will be key in helping us pivot toward more flexible solutions.
For the next 4-year term, the Saguache County Clerk and Recorder’s Office will work to more effectively target services and achieve better outcomes to efficiently serve our citizens needs; including, but not limited to:
- Apply for a second grant to complete indexing of our digitized books
- Continue to train, cross-train and keep certifications current
- Regain responsibilities of
minute taker for the Board of County Commissioners
- Work with the Secretary of State’s Office to place additional outside ballot drop boxes within the county
- Maintain an open line of communication with all citizens
- Continue to make improvements to our webpage
- Keep the public informed via “Clips from the Clerk”
- Build on relationships/community contacts, especially for persons needing Spanish language assistance
The clerk’s office would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very “Happy New Year” from Jane, Desiree, Ben, Dominique and Trish.
May every day of 2019 bring new happiness, new goals, new achievements and a lot of new inspirations on your life.
As Joey Adams says, “May all your troubles last as long as your resolutions”.