Clerk & Recorder Home
Colorado is an all-mail ballot state (aka absentee ballot). Every active registered elector will be mailed a ballot. Ballots for the November 6th General Election will be mailed on October 15th – 19th.
Households can expect to receive TABOR notices booklets after October 5th.
Saguache County Voters: Postmarks don’t count in Colorado! If you are returning your ballot by mail, use 2 stamps and mail before October 29th, so your county clerk RECEIVES them by November 6th.
After October 29th, bring them to our VSPC (Voter Service and Polling Center) in the Courthouse, or take them to our county outside ballot drop-off location (not a Post Office), which will be open 24/7 from October 22nd until 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 6th.
The 24-hour outside ballot drop box is located in the south parking lot at the Courthouse (501 4th St) in Saguache.
*At least 16 years old, though they cannot vote until they are 18
*Citizen of the United States
*Resident of Colorado for 22 days before the election
There are several ways a person can register to vote.
- In person at the county clerk’s office
- By mail (including fax and email)
- At a Driver’s License Office
- At a voter registration agency (Human Services office, WIC office, disability office, etc.)
- In person at a Voter Service and Polling Center (VSPC) up through election day
- Through a Voter Registration Drive (VRD)
- At a high school
- Online at GoVoteColorado.com to register to vote and/or update your voter registration
Other offices such as Post Offices, municipal clerk’s offices, libraries, etc.
Always remember - Jane, Desiree, Ben and I are here to help.