Clerk & Recorder Home
- People can register to vote and change their address up through Election Day, June 26th.
- Last day for voters who are affiliated with a political party to change or withdraw their affiliation if they wish to vote in a different party’s primary election, May 29th.
- Last day for unaffiliated voters to select a preference before the Primary, May 29th. If no preference is made by this date, you will receive two ballots. Remember – ONLY VOTE ONE! – for your ballot to count.
- Voters who are registering for the first time and by mail, agency, and VRD must register 22 days before the election, June 4th.
- If a person registers with a Voter Registration Drive (VRD), the application must be submitted 22 days before the election, June 4th.
- An existing voter may register by mail or online up to 8 days before the election to receive a ballot in the mail, June 18th.
- After the 8th day, a person must register in-person (County Clerk’s office, VSPC) and receive his/her ballot in person, June 19th – 26th.
- UOCAVA (Uniformed Overseas Citizen Absentee Voter Act) are not subject to the 8-day deadline.
Know the Date
June 4, 2018 – First day mail ballots may be mailed to voters.
June 4, 2018 – Logic and Accuracy Test, 9:00 AM. Public is welcome.
June 26, 2018 – Primary Election. Polls are open from 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM on the main floor of the Saguache County Courthouse located at 501 4th St., Saguache.
24 hr. Ballot Drop Box Open – June 22nd – June 25th and up to 7:00 PM June 26th.
Colorado is an ALL mail ballot state. It is no longer necessary for a voter to go in person to vote. Every active registered elector will receive a ballot in the mail.
As of May 7, 2018, Colorado Secretary of State Wayne Williams gave this information to the press:
“So far, 36,729 unaffiliated voters have picked which ballot to vote in the June 26 Primary. They choose 20,419 D ballots or 55.9%; R’s: 13,919 or 37.9%. There are no third-party primaries so U’s who picked those will receive both ballots. ONLY RETURN ONE.”